Ever thought about what you would do with your career if the following held true...
Training and restarting your education didn’t factor in and...money wasn’t an issue
I’ve given this a ton of thought over the last few months. Not because I necessarily want to jump ship out of the industry I’m in, but more because I’m a dreamer and fantasize about a lot of WHAT IF’S.
Top 5 Dream Job Wish List:
1. Director/Producer for independent documentaries – shown at places like Toronto Film Festival, Sundance, SXSW, etc. I love watching and learning stories of real people. Especially those who lead lives so completely different than my own or suffering from social injustices.
2. Freelance interior designer. Buying my first home and having complete creative control has unleashed a lot of day dreaming and interior designing within my own mind. Following décor blogs has inspired so many more ideas on what more I want to do for this little white cottage I throw monthly mortgage money at.
3. Lifestyle/humor columnist. This would be a complete stretch as my writing skills are often lacking and my humor is often only found humorous by, well, me.
4. Owner of a boutique flower shop. There’s something peaceful and soothing about working with fresh flowers.
5. Professional dog walker. This just seems like a stress-free job and one without the agony of demanding clients, angered vendors, ridiculous time project timeframes and unruly budgets to manage. A simple business model is something I often desire.