January 11, 2011

Hey, It's OK Tuesday

Got this rad idea from The Writing Whisperer over here.   Her blog is satirical, heartfelt and hilarious all wrapped up into daily nuggets of goodness.


Glamour magazine has a section called Hey, It’s Okay and will list a bunch of things to be okay about. You're welcome to join in and do something like this on your diary. Doesn't have to be on a Tuesday either.


-----------------------


...that the family of 18 across from us in the waiting room here at St. Luke's hospital here in Houston is all wearing Affliction apparel of some sort.  And I mean ALL of them.  It's not pretty.

...that I really am disturbed by continued seasons of The Bachelor.  Why do these women get upset when they get sent home?  Why do they keep soliciting themselves to continued rejection on national TV?  Do they realize the odds are completely stacked against them?

...that there's a McDonald's across from the admissions department inside the Texas Heart Institute?  Guess they feel the need to continue promoting heart disease so cardiologists can continue to have jobs?


...that I really wish my REAL SIMPLE magazine for next month would hurry up and arrive.  It's my happy place as I curl up in my bed and loyally devote myself to reading each issue from cover to cover.


...that I still haven't even bothered to go get a Texas drivers license or plates yet and I've been back here for almost 2 years.


...that I'll never be able to train one of my beagles about staying out of the trash.

...that loud talkers in public really slay me.  Really get under my freaking nerves....bad.



I'm AmericanBridget and my Pops is having heart surgery today to replace and upgrade his pacemaker so please keep him in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for your papa! I'm sure he'll do fine but hospitals (and surgeries) are nervewracking. And beagles are pretty much untrainable. :) (well, I mean, you know about my experience with beagles . . .) ha!

    ReplyDelete