December 9, 2010

30 truths: Day 07


 Kelli.

One of the closest friends I ever had the honor of having in my life.

Fought cancer with, and I kid you not, the most uplifting and positive manner.

Her consummate optimistic attitude rubbed off on me.

She continues to remind me to stay happy, exude positivity and smile.

I wonder if she ever knew how much she meant to me and how much she taught me.

I wonder if I told her those things enough?

I wonder if she knew what a complete life-changing influence her disease had on my own life's outlook?

Because, every now and then I get a little message from heaven, and I know it's her looking out for me. 

Either that, or she's still playing practical jokes on me from afar.

Me, Kel circa 1998

2 comments:

  1. She knew, friend, she knew. There's just no way she couldn't have!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. I agree, she knew. Your heart is too big for her not to have known. :)

    ReplyDelete