June 26, 2012

Just a bad day, not a bad life

I returned home from Manhattan after some record-breaking heat hit the city last week to find that my A/C unit had bit the dust.  That's OK given it was only 106 here today.  I mean, that's not enough to melt an egg on the sidewalk.  It has to hit at least 110 degrees to do that around these parts.  

I'm going for optimism folks.  
Optimism.
As in, the glass of chardonnay is half full.
Very full.
Drifting with me?

Needless, as of tomorrow 'round this time, I am going to be the proud new owner of a brand-spanking new A/C unit.  

The Cadillac of units. 
For a house that is only 1200 sqft.



3 comments:

  1. God I love you! Hahaha!!! Don't you just love unexpected expenses... and sleeping in sweat pools. Yeah. Half full, half full. Just keep saying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine existing in 106 heat with no air conditioning. I spent 2 miserable weeks in the summer in New Orleans without a/c and I was a miserable creature. I put my sheets in the freezer every morning so that I could retrieve them, cold, at night. Unfortunately that trick only worked for about 3 minutes, and then my scalding hot body heated the sheets right up. I'm a polar bear who is constantly hot and basically, I LOVE THE COLD and I HATE THE HEAT unless I am in a pool or a lake or an ocean. Here's hoping your a/c gets to you STAT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I would die without air conditioning at that temperature. I know this for a fact because I went to Tempe two weekends ago. The bradypnea, tachycardia, and nausea in the few areas where there wasn't a mister or AC was horrendous.

    ReplyDelete