July 21, 2011

Texts from the other night

There have been others I distantly had a piqued interest in.

NewToDallas and I had been talking for a few days.
Bantering back and forth with our best one-liners and at ease with conversation.
Refreshing actually.

He asked me out.
I suggested a lunch meet-up on Sunday.
Casual, non-committal and appropriate enough if the mood hit for a cocktail.

And then he just got weird.
Never directly responding to the lunch suggestion.  
As if if my suggestion to dine during daylight hours was so obscure...???
Kept texting me about my appearance and dismissing my suggestion for lunch.
After a while I was annoyed.

Yes, this is real.


Exhibit A.
(A hint of the conversation).
 (For the safety of this doucher, all names and phone #s have been blurred --- why I decided this I am not sure.  He's still a DB.)

And that was the end of our conversation.
My jaw dropped.

He's a creeper.
For sure.

And don't call me DUDE.
Ever.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a douche. Ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asshole. I hate it when that happens! I don't like guys who flirt with me and then don't follow through (if I'm interested lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's an arrogant prick. Consider yourself lucky that you caught onto that now and not later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God, I remember those exchanges. And now that I am not in a relationship, I am NOT saying "it was all worth it". Douche is a douche. Idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 22, 2011

    Dude. What we've got here is an asymptotic curve (two lines that will never touch). He seems to be hypersensitive to any (unintended)glitch or pushback in an online "conversation," and you are (appropriately) "casual, noncommittal." Such, maybe, is the problem with on-line meetings. Could you imagine the flirting and one-liners having gone very differently if they'd been in person, with smiles and flashes of warm interest? Though, maybe he's just a troll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BAHAHAHAHA! It's amazing what these crazies say. I'm glad you were able to take it for what it is....a douche bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude...pfffff. Good luck with that approach, guy.

    ReplyDelete