July 13, 2011

$28 Worth pre-date convo


Monday, July 11, 2011.
$28 Worth and I had scheduled our first meet-up.
A quaint lil' wine bar in my n'hood.

1) Because it is close and, if the date failed, I could hit the eject button and get home swiftly and lock my doors without having to drive too far like a bat out of hell running from Freddy Kruger.

2) Because we are both wine enthusiasts lushes, or so Match pointed out to us in our profile considerations. 


11:14 am
“Good morning.  Hey, we still on for tonight, say 7:30?”

11:49 am
“Sounds like a plan to me.  Are you ready to bring your wine and cheese A Game?”

6:45 pm
“Do you know if this place is tank top friendly?”

6:46 pm
“Yes, and jort friendly too.”

7:01 pm
“I might beat you there.  I had to stop and pick up my Ed Hardy shirt I left at the bar last night.  I guess I took it off there in the midst of my shenanigans.”

7:15 pm
“That’s OK.  I’m wearing my fav hooker 6” heels.

7:21 pm
“Great.  It’s possible I will come up to your boobs depending on how hookery your heels are. I’m also running out of jokes…meet you in a few.”


And, that's how my Monday pre-date lead-in started.  
Sense of humor?  Check.
Sarcasm? Check.
Wine Gulper?  Check.

I'm AmericanBridget and I might have consumed one too many Pinot Grigios on Monday evening.

7 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 13, 2011

    OMG - so how did it go??? DYING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL HE SOUNDS PERFECT lol
    More details?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No kidding - this is such your speed!! How'd it go??????

    ReplyDelete
  4. And then???!!! Wow I am digging his sense of humor huge.

    ReplyDelete