I go after what I want.
(Most of the time).
When it comes to folks of the opposite gender, I've not been so lucky in love. I've never been good at capturing what I want out of them. Some say I've unobtainable expectations. Or I think I like what I see initially and then it turns out he wasn't it.
I've decided (after watching a few more episodes of SATC) that I am not going to turn 35 and just settle. Carrie Bradshaw didn't (though she should have ended up with Aiden in my humble opinion). Charlotte dumped Trey and ended up happily ever after. Miranda, well, that's just another story within a story. And Samantha, she's just an anomaly.
I want . . . .
- I want someone who can tie a tie without having to refresh his memory by logging on to YouTube for tutorial.
- I want someone who can jump in the car for a weekend get-away and not freak out about Monday mornings financial report summary due to the Boss-Man. It. will. get. done.
- I want someone who makes decisions and plans ahead.
- I want someone who knows what a wine reduction sauce is.
- I want someone who doesn't worry at every single turn what amount is in his savings account.
- I want someone who will tuck their shirt into their khaki pants. And then head back to the closet to finish it off with a belt.
- I want someone who loves his family more than his sports teams.
- I want someone who admires professional sports teams but doesn't get all bent out of shape if his team loses in the play-offs.
- I want someone who appreciates a splurge on an expensive bottle of wine every once in a while.
- I want someone who's favorite show isn't Two and Half Men.
- I want someone who doens't wait until the 11th hour to buy birthday and Christmas gifts and who spends time thinking about what the intended recipient might actually love (and I'm not just talking about gifts from him to me).
- I want someone who isn't worried about the emblem on the front of his car.
I'm AmericanBridget, and I won't settle either.