February 28, 2012

I need your help in a bad (or good) way

What do these three people have in common?





  1. They are all very near and dear to me.
  2. I'm related to one of them.  In fact, we share the same parental units.
  3. Two of them were my best friends on college.
  4. Each of them heard the words, "You have cancer" from their physicians before the age of 32.
  5. All of them are heroes.

I'm running to support each of them on June 3 in San Diego.

Help me!  I've just joined the Leukemia Lymphoma Society (LLS) and their Team In Training group to help the fight against blood cancers.  I'm not a long distance runner, but I've decided that training for a Half Marathon is what I need to do to help raise awareness and funds to fight cancer.

I continue to be blown away by the professionalism and support the LLS provides those of us in training.  What an absolutely AMAZING organization.

Asking for money is just not something I've ever been good at.  But it's not about me.  It's about the folks I'm running in honor of and about all those folks currently having to endure this horrific disease.  And did you know that often times research for blood cancers commonly is also used to help treat a number of other cancers? 

If you'd be willing to donate even the smallest amount to help my cause, I would be thankful a gazillion times over.  

Log on to the following fundraising page and follow the steps.  You'll receive a receipt and can claim the donation on your taxes. 

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ntx/rnr12/rshultz

Thank You In Advance,
American Bridget (Ryan)



No comments:

Post a Comment